Who is processing your data?
89 Connect is a web-based platform based on SiteGround, WordPress and Ultimate Member (through which it stores data), designed to connect a new generation of Europeans, referred to as 89ers. It aims at promoting the exchange of innovative ideas between young people across Europe, and it does so by making publicly available a list of 89ers and their fields of expertise.
89 Connect is a project of 1989 Generation Initiative LTD, Cowdray House 1989 Generation Initiative, European Institute, Houghton Street, London, United Kingdom, WC2A 2AE.
The processing operations are controlled and determined by the Chair of 1989 Generation Initiative LTD (Michael Cottakis) and are carried out by the 89 Connect staff.
You can get in touch with the 89 Connect staff by e-mailing to email@example.com
How do you exercise your data subject’s rights?
89 Connect has been developed with data protection in mind. Thus, registered users of the Platform can always access, modify, rectify and erase their information directly, by accessing “My Profile”, clicking on the clockwork and selecting “My Account”.
Which information is collected?
The Platform collects the following categories of data: profile picture and cover, name, surname, biography, description, gender, mobile phone, email address, country of residence, job position, company, languages spoken, industry, area of expertise, areas of activity, organisation type, information on why to get in touch, links to social media accounts and websites, projects and publications, events and available jobs. Please, note that you choose the information on your profile, thus do not post or add data to your profile that you would not want to be publicly available.
We collect personal data from you also when you: provide, post or upload it to our Platform; update your friends and followers lists; send, receive, or engage with messages on our platform; create or join a group and you are active in it; and review an organisation. We collect information about users activity on the Platform to automatically assign them points to gain badges and improve ranks, allowing the most active profiles to become more visible on our database.
We do not collect data in the account verification process. Once we have received the request, we contact the user asking them to send us a copy of an identification document. After checking the identity, all supporting documents are deleted.
How long is your data kept?
89 Connect keeps the information of registered users for 5 years. Those users are free to remove their personal information from the platform at any time by accessing their account in the “my profile” page, as explained above.
Which processing operations do we carry out?
89 Connect collects and uses your data to run different processing operations:
- making the information inserted by registered users publicly available online, in a structured manner;
- sharing communication on 89 Connect through social media posts and newsletters;
- allowing the search for registered users according to first name, last name, country of residence, industry, areas of expertise and language(s) spoken, in parallel with the opportunity to searching for registered organisations according to name, organisation type, industry, areas of activity, country, city.
Our platform also allows you to connect with young professionals and key policy sector stakeholders all around Europe. For this purpose, we collect and use your data to give you the opportunity to:
- creating a profile joining our young professional database and making it more visible by participating in a challenging points system based on your activity on the Platform;
- founding and joining interesting forums on policy issues and working groups;
- posting on your wall;
- following, adding as friend and messaging other 89ers and organisations;
- reviewing organisation profiles.
Please note that your profile is fully visible to all users of our Platform. Subject to your settings, your profile is more or less visible. You can change your Privacy Settings at any time on your Profile Settings.
Which tools are used to process your data?
89 Connect is based on SiteGround, WordPress Wanium and Ultimate Member. It also uses MailChimp to send communications.
We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
We use the information in our possession to verify accounts and activities, fight threatening conduct, detect and prevent spam and other negative experiences, maintain the integrity of our Platform and boost security and protection.
We offer a verification process to attest our users accountability and combat spamming and trolling activities.
Moreover, every user may report suspicious activities.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –