This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Holds BA (Hons) in IR from QMUL, MSc in Conflict Studies from LSE, and currently a PhD Candidate in IR at UNIC. I am interested in the research of International Relations, International Security, and technology in Europe and in the Middle East. Podcaster (international affairs & social and public policy). Works with NGOs and civil society networks, think tanks, research institutions, as well as pressure groups or public institutions, such as the Parallel Parliament initiative in Cyprus.
Arabic, Greek, English, French
PhD Candidate | Consultant
Diplomatic Academy, UNIC | SEN
Academia, Civil War, Conflict Management, Conflict Resolution, Editorial, International Relations, International Security, Investment Policy, Military, Non-profit, Political Science, Publishing, Research, Innovation, Social Sciences, Strategic Studies
I am interested in technology, areas of social and political contestation, public and foreign policy, as well as modern and historical transformations in society. I always find it useful to observe things through an interdisciplinary lens. I particularly enjoy networking, developing innovative business ideas, as well as research and political debates. I am open to any of these fields and more, as I am aware that meeting new people is always a fascinating experience and part of our self-development.
• Member of Academic Board - Institute for Public, Cyber, and National Security (IPCNS), University of Nicosia
• Podcast Producer and Host - Parallel Parliament of the Republic of Cyprus
• Podcast Producer and Host - Diplomatic Academy: The Conversation
• Project and Research Associate - Diplomatic Academy, University of Nicosia
• Dissemination Officer at Project MARI-Sense, an innovative project on smart management and agile response capabilities into a family of cognitive systems equipped with perception, reasoning, learning, action, and intelligent resource allocation capabilities that enhance situational awareness under resource constraints imposed by the complex, wide-area, limited connectivity maritime environment.
• “A Spectre of Conflict: Shaping Lebanese Sectarianism and Identity Politics” (2018). E-International Relations Journal
• “European-Khaleeji Rule in Lebanon: Hegemonic Control over Popular Lebanese Organisation” (2019). Diplomatic Academy, University of Nicosia
• “Review – Social Closure and International Society” (2019) Book Review of Social Closure and International Society: Status Groups from the Family of Civilised Nations to the G20, by Tristen Naylor. London: Routledge
• “Building Bridges in Divided Societies: Consociationalism and Centripetalism in Lebanon and Iraq” (2019). Federal Governance Journal, Vol.15, No.2
• “Balancing for Profit: The Republic of Cyprus’ Grand Strategy in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea”, Cyprus Review (2020) (Forthcoming)
• “Stuck in the Middle: Constructing Maturity and Restoring Balance in Cypriot-EU Relations” in Tziarras, Z. (2020) The Foreign Policy of the Republic of Cyprus: The Age of Maturity? London: Routledge (Forthcoming)
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.